Friday, June 13, 2014

Louisville Update Part Deux!

It's been a good day. I broke a personal record for number of essays read and it looks like our room is doing quite well.

But the fun part of the day was after the reading when my table leader and my roommate from last year and I went to a Louisville Bats game. The game itself was a stinker. The Bats, the AAA farm team of the Reds, hit pretty much like the parent club. We gave up after the 7th inning and made our way home. It was fun, though. The ballpark is gorgeous and the company was nice. Here's the ballpark:




On our way back, we walked along the river and, while I think the view of the Ohio at Parkersburg is quite pretty, it simply doesn't compare to this:






Two more days of reading and then it's back home to summer school. This is genuinely hard work. I read over 300 essays today. But it's also genuinely fun to be around this many people with like interests. I'll miss it and pray I get invited back next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment