Sunday, March 15, 2015

Shameless Self-Promotion: Book Signing and Mailing List News

This post is a day later than normal for me. Saturday morning is usually my drink-gallons-of-coffee-while-writing-and-catching-up-on-all-thing-author time, but I was off judging at a speech and debate tournament this weekend, so I'm getting this written before church on Sunday morning. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Not sure how my blog being a day late could, in fact, cause inconvenience, but if it did, I'm truly sorry. 

So, on to the business at hand. The next big event on my promotion calendar is a book signing at the Vienna Public Library. It will be Saturday, March 21 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm right inside the front doors. This is my second signing opportunity through the cooperation of the Wood County Public Library system and I want to thank the good folks there, especially Brian Raitz, for their help.

What will happen at the signing? First, I hope to no one's surprise, I'll be signing copies of my debut novel, Harsh Prey. If you already own a copy, please feel free to bring it in and I'll sign it for you. If you don't already own a copy, you're in luck, as I have several copies ready to sell. 

I also hope to meet some new folks, let them know I'm here, and get them to give my work a try. As an independent author, selling books is a one-at-a-time kind of thing. Meet folks, get them interested, and hopefully build a fan base. 

Finally, I'll be having a drawing, just like last time I had a signing. Unlike last time, though, the prize will not be a gift card. Instead, I'll be giving away a signed copy of my new book, Kisses and Lies, which will be available for sale next month. Sadly, the hard copy won't be quite ready by then, so the winner will have to trust me that I'll mail it to you just as soon as I get it. The good news is that everyone who registers for the drawing and gives me their email address to add to my mailing list will receive a free preview of the book in their inbox the following week. 

So, if you live in the Mid Ohio Valley, I hope to see you Saturday, March 21 at the Vienna Public Library. The address is 2300 First Avenue, known to locals as River Road. From Grand Central, turn at the light beside Neale Elementary. Go past the school and the library is on the right. From River Road, it's on the corner of 23rd Street. You can't miss it. 

My email address is
trainguy917@gmail.com
If you can't make it to the signing for whatever reason but would like to be on my mailing list and receive the preview as well as other updates, simply contact me, either directly through email (trainguy917@gmail.com) or by filling out the "Contact Me Here" on the right side of this page, and I'll gladly add you to my list. Just a heads up about the mailing list--in coming months, you'll also get a preview of book 3 in the Shalan Adventures, In the Shadow, as well as a free e-version of a Christmas story starring our good friends, Harry and Dee Shalan. It will be free to anyone on the mailing list before it's available for sale to the public. 

2 comments:

  1. My mom will be there with me. That is, if our allergies don't kill us 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I certainly hope you're there, then.

    ReplyDelete