Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rejected!

I sent out about half a dozen queries two weeks ago.  As I said, just putting my toe in the water.  I plan to start querying in volume over Thanksgiving break.  I wrote earlier about my fear of how I will react to the first rejection.  Well, the first rejection came and went, followed by the second.  I heard from another agent saying that they had received my query and would reply later.  Haven't heard from the rest yet.

The interesting part is that I was disappointed by the rejections, but it had virtually no emotional impact on me.  Maybe I had prepared myself for it.  Maybe it was more the fact that I have some pretty heavy things going on in my life right now that kind of put an agent rejection in perspective.  I don't know.  But I'm not discouraged.  I'll keep plugging away because I believe this is a good book and that people will read it.  And if all else fails, I'll put it out there for free as an e-book in the hopes of building an audience for the next one, about which I'm already excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment