Saturday, March 19, 2016

I Really Need Your Help

I hope this post doesn't sound whiny, but, frankly, I've felt a little whiny lately, so maybe it will. And maybe a little needy. Possibly somewhat clingy as well. I'm sorry if so, but I feel like I need to put some things clearly. I really do need the help of the people who read this blog who are also readers of my books. 
dog, puppy, pet, animals, christmas, stocking, blanket
As you may or may not know, there are lots of things that influence indie author book sales, many of which are up to me. Getting my books out there at stores and libraries and signings and events are all up to me. Building a tribe on social media--also up to me. And I think I do a halfway decent job of doing those things. I could do better, but considering this is my side job and my full-time job is pretty demanding time-wise, I do about as well as I can. 

But statistics have shown that the number one influencer of online sales of books (print and ebooks both) is online reviews on Amazon and Goodreads, but mostly Amazon. Good reviews are important, but, surprisingly, not as important as the number of reviews a book receives. Yes, it would be nice if you had good things to say and you gave it lots of stars, but even if you think the book is mediocre and give it three stars, that's better than a five-star review you never got around to posting. And if even half--or even a quarter--of people that I know personally who've told me they've read and enjoyed my books would review them, the number of reviews I've received would skyrocket. 

So this post is going to be short and to the point. Not to sound too teacher-y, but I'm giving you some homework. If you've read any or all of my books, please take the time it would normally have taken you to read the rest of this post to go to Amazon and write a quick review. It doesn't have to be a well-crafted masterpiece. Even just a sentence is okay. The process is quick and painless and you'll have the good feeling of knowing that you made my day. And who doesn't want to make someone's day? 
pug, dog, animals, sad, blanket, bed, sheets, covers
Thanks in advance. 

PS--I put in the dog pictures because dogs are cute and I love dogs and also dogs are good at begging. These dogs are begging you to go review my books. Actually, the second one is kind of telling you to in a snarky sort of way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment